Is the Turtle Creek US Equity Fund suitable for you? Do you qualify as an Accredited Investor? Join Mailey Rogers Group on May 2nd at the Vancouver Club to explore these questions and this unique investment opportunity.
A new portfolio, Turtle Creek U.S. Equity Fund (TCUS), is being launched by a group of managers the Mailey Rogers Group of ScotiaMcLeod has successfully worked with for a number of years. On May 2nd, they invite you to an information session to learn more. Determining investment suitability for a client is a critical process and as such, this memorandum is not a solicitation of interest, but simply a starting point in educating you about a unique US equity opportunity.
Turtle Creek is not new to Mailey Rogers Group clients, as we have previously featured the Turtle Creek Equity Fund (which is largely Canadian Equity). A $100,000 investment in the flagship’s fund when it was launched in 1998 has increased to over $5,500,000 today – an average annual return of 24.5% per year. We recently reported that the Turtle Creek money managers closed their flagship fund to new investments, but are launching this new fund (TCUS).
Key characteristics of the fund:
- The investment objective is long term capital growth – the same investment philosophy, portfolio construction and ongoing optimization as Turtle Creek’s Flagship Fund.
- The fund will be a long-only (no shorting) concentrated twenty-five company portfolio. It will typically be fully invested.
- It will have a Canadian mutual fund structure and the units will be offered by way of Offering Memorandum and related Subscription Agreement and denominated in either US Dollars or Canadian Dollars.
- The fund is available for purchase monthly (at month end) beginning April 28th 2017 (last business day of the month)
- The founders and partners of this firm are expected to be the new fund’s largest investors.
You are cordially invited to an information meeting where the Turtle Creek flagship fund will be discussed, as well as their new fund.
Date: Tuesday, May 2, 2017
Time: 5:00 PM Registration | 5:30 PM Presentation
Location: The Vancouver Club
915 West Hastings Street, Vancouver BC
RSVP: Tannis Fuller – firstname.lastname@example.org | 604-913-7033
Again, we would like to clarify that this communication is not intended as a recommendation – simply an opportunity to learn information about a very successful investment strategy. Also, to ensure investment suitability, Turtle Creek Us Equity Fund is available to accredited investors only. The most common way to be accredited in BC is to qualify as one of the following:
- an individual who, either alone or with a spouse, beneficially owns financial assets having an aggregate realizable value that before taxes, but net of any related liabilities, exceeds $1,000,000
- an individual whose net income before taxes exceeded $200,000 in each of the two most recent calendar years or whose net income before taxes combined with that of a spouse exceeded $300,000 in each of the two most recent calendar years and who, in either case, reasonably expects to exceed that net income level in the current calendar year;
- an individual who, either alone or with a spouse, has net assets of at least $5,000,000
We hope to see many Mailey Rogers Group clients in attendance at the beautiful Vancouver Club! Those who are interested in working with our wealth management team are also more than welcome to attend. Please contact us if you have any questions about Turtle Creek or would like to attend this information session.
Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus before investing. The indicated rate[s] of return is [are] the historical annual compounded total return[s] including changes in [share or unit] value and reinvestment of all [dividends or distributions] and does [do] not take into account sales, redemption, distribution or optional charges or income taxes payable by any security holder that would have reduced returns. Mutual funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.
18 months ago, Turtle Creek’s CEO Andrew Brenton shared his old-fashioned secret to success: “Getting to know companies from the bottom-up.” May 2, 2017 is our opportunity to learn more!